Thursday, June 10, 2010

Black Bean Burgers


I actually call these “Friday Night Black Bean Burgers” because I seem to always make these on Friday nights. By the end of the week, many times my supply of fresh produce has dwindled so I look for something easy I can whip together from my pantry. These burgers are very easy to make but taste very good. I usually always have some leftover brown rice in the fridge so I get to use that up as well. The patties can be even jazzed up a bit if you do happen to have some fresh cilantro on hand.

Ingredients

1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 cup canned corn

1 cup cooked brown rice

½ teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon smoked paprika

¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

½ teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon sea salt

About ½ cup whole wheat flour

1-2 tablespoons oil

Directions

Add the black beans and corn to the bowl of a food processer and pulse a few times until about half the beans are no longer whole. Scrape the bean and corn mixture into a bowl and add the rice, spices and half the flour. Mix well and then sprinkle a little of the flour over the mixture and form a patty (coating your hands with flour will help the patties not stick). Repeat this until 4 to 6 patties are made. Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the patties and cook until they are deep brown and slightly crispy. Serve with hamburger buns and all the fixings.

Recipe by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page