Makes about 10 muffins
- 1 cup plain cottage cheese (I used low-fat)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour. Original recipe used soy.)
- 1 cup finely ground almonds (just grind the almonds in the food processor)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper or silicon baking cups.
In a mixing bow put the cottage cheese, all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, water, and eggs, and salt, then mix all together.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set, risen, and golden brown. Serve as hot or at room temperature(I liked hot).