Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoons olive oil (recipe called for 2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (recipe called for one cinnamon stick but I did not have any)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (recipe called for sherry vinegar again I substitued with what I had on hand)
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add rhubarb, raisins, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon stick(or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon). Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb begins to break down, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in vinegar. (To store, refrigerate, up to 5 days.) Serve with ham or pork.