Sunday, March 22, 2009

Raw Vegan Brownies

This is a great recipe I ran across. Very easy and tasty. They are more like a really good LARA or Power bar than a brownie, however. I doubled the batch because I wanted a thicker bar. They are a little over a 1/2" thick if you double the recipe. If you do make a double batch, to make it easier on your food processor, mix one batch at a time and then add both to your prepared 8"x8" pan. I dusted mine with powdered sugar after I cut them. They freeze really well and are great to take in your lunch. Give these a try.

Ingredients

12 servings

  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup pitted dried dates
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar

Directions

Place all ingredients in food processor and mix until the mix comes together. Spray a 8"x8" plan with cooking spray and press mixtures into pan and put in the freezer for an hour or until they are easy to cut.

Recipe courtesy 28 Cooks

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all your recipes, Krystal! I'm so impressed with the bread, it definitely makes me want to try it. So glad you're doing a blog so that I can see what you're up to!:)

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page